How A Denver Accident Lawyer Can Help You Collect Damages Following An Accident
If you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault, hiring a Denver accident lawyer can be the key to ensuring that you receive the compensation and damages to which you are entitled. An experienced personal injury attorney can help guide you through the entire process from filing a claim with insurance companies to taking legal action against any negligent parties. With the right guidance and support, it is possible for victims of accidents to collect compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
What You Need To Know About Your Rights Following An Accident In Denver
Understanding the laws and regulations surrounding accidents can help you protect yourself and ensure that you receive adequate compensation for any losses or damages you may have incurred. It is critical to understand how the legal system works and what your rights are so that you can take the necessary steps after an accident.
- Report the Accident - As soon as possible after an accident, you should contact law enforcement and file a report. This is important so that there is an official record of what happened in case it needs to be referred to at a later date. Additionally, many states may require that you report certain types of accidents within a specific time period.
- Seek Medical Attention – If you were injured in the accident, seek medical attention immediately and continue following up with your doctor or healthcare provider until your health has been fully restored. It's also important to keep track of all medical bills and paperwork related to your treatment for potential reimbursement from insurance companies or other parties involved in the incident.
- Document Evidence – Documenting the details of the accident is important. Take pictures of the scene and any property damage or injuries sustained in the incident. Be sure to keep any documents, such as receipts, that are related to the accident.
- Contact An Attorney – Once you have reported the accident, and sought medical attention and documented evidence, it’s time to contact a lawyer who can help you navigate your legal options. They will be able to provide advice on how to proceed with your case and represent you in court if necessary.
- Collect Damages – Depending on the circumstances of your accident and resulting injuries, you may be entitled to damages from either another party or an insurance company. Having an experienced attorney can help ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Common Injuries Caused By A Car Accident In Denver
Car accidents are a serious problem that can lead to severe injuries, disabilities and even death. Common injuries caused by car accidents vary depending on the severity of the crash and some of the most common are:
- Whiplash: This is a common injury that is caused by the sudden jerking movement of the head and neck due to a car accident. Symptoms may include neck pain, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision and tiredness.
- Broken Bones: When two cars collide at high speeds, there is often an incredible force that can cause bones in the body to break or fracture. Commonly broken bones are in the arms, legs and ribs.
- Internal Injuries: These types of injuries occur when an internal organ is damaged due to blunt force trauma. Common internal injuries can be lacerations to the organs or damage caused by debris entering and piercing organs during a crash.
- Brain Injuries: These types of injuries are very serious and can have life-long effects. This may include a concussion, traumatic brain injury or even a coma.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These injuries involve stretching or tearing of the ligaments, tendons and muscles due to an impact from the car accident. Symptoms may include swelling, bruising and pain in the area that has been affected.
What A Denver Car Accident Lawyer Can Do For You
A Denver car accident lawyer can help you pursue the compensation that you are due and ensure that your legal rights are protected. Experienced attorneys know the intricacies of local, state, and federal laws surrounding negligent driving and vehicle collision cases, meaning they will have the knowledge necessary to build a strong case on your behalf.
An experienced Denver car accident lawyer will provide knowledgeable guidance and advice throughout the process of filing a claim or lawsuit against an at-fault driver. Your attorney will review all of the evidence related to your car accident, gather relevant documents, investigate police reports and witness statements, review medical records, contact expert witnesses if needed to support your case, evaluate lost wages and other economic damages suffered due to your injury, as well as ensure that you receive any insurance settlements or jury awards available under applicable law.
Additionally, if there is more than one party deemed liable for causing the injuries from the car accident, such as a municipality or manufacturer, a Denver car accident lawyer can help identify who can provide additional coverage for any damages sustained. Finally, no matter what type of motor vehicle collision you were involved in, whether it was a single-car crash caused by driver negligence or an incident involving multiple vehicles, enlisting the services of an experienced Denver car accident lawyer should be one of your top priorities following such an event.
Tips To Look For In A Skilled Denver Accident Lawyer
The right lawyer can have a profoundly positive impact on the outcome of your case, so it's essential that you take the time to locate a reputable attorney with all the traits necessary for success.
- Extensive Experience: Experience matters in the legal field, so it's important to find an attorney who has a strong track record of success and is familiar with personal injury law in Denver. Ask your potential lawyer about their past cases and successes to get a good idea of how successful they have been in similar situations.
- Proven Reputation: You should also take some time to research the reputation of the Denver accident lawyer you are considering hiring. Check online reviews and talk to former clients to get an honest opinion regarding their experiences with the firm or individual you are interviewing. Make sure that your potential lawyer has a comprehensive knowledge of personal injury laws, as well as a proven ability to win cases on behalf of their clients.
- Clear Communication: Make sure that your lawyer is easy to communicate with and provides regular updates about the progress of your case. Your attorney should be quick in responding to phone calls, emails, and other forms of communication, so you can rest assured that all your questions and concerns are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Professionalism: It is important to find an attorney who exhibits professionalism, integrity, and respect while representing their clients both inside and outside of courtrooms. If a lawyer isn’t willing to work hard on behalf of their client or fails to treat them with respect, this may not be the right lawyer for your case.
- Negotiation Skills: Your Denver accident lawyer should be well-versed in negotiation tactics and understand how to build a strong case for your claim. They should also know when it is beneficial to take a case to trial, as sometimes this can yield the best outcome possible for their clients.
Contact A Licensed Denver Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, ranging from negligence to distracted driving to mechanical failure. The Denver car accident lawyer at the Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal has the knowledge and experience to guide clients through the process of seeking compensation for their injuries and losses. The firm offers free consultations so that those who have been injured in a car accident can find out if they have a valid case and how much compensation they may be entitled to receive. They will assess all aspects of the car accident including who was at fault, any medical bills incurred due to the injury, wages lost due to missed work, as well as other damages suffered as a result of the accident. Contact them today to learn more about your rights and options.